Tuesday 27 May 2014

My Big Fat Greek Wedding Sequel In The Works

My Big Fat Greek Wedding Sequel In The Works


There are more wedding bells ringing...

My-big-fat-greek-wedding-sequel


Despite scoring a huge indie hit with My Big Fat Greek Wedding in 2002, Nia Vardalos hasn’t exactly enjoyed a lot of success with her own film projects since then, though she still crops up a lot in of other movies and TV series. So naturally there will be a cynical air about her returning to the Greek Wedding characters for a sequel.


Still, that’s not stopping the writer/actress, who is developing the new film alongside original backers Playtone, HBO and Gold Circle Films, with Vardalos planning to also direct this one.


While the original film told the fictionalised story of Vardalos’ own early relationship with, and marriage to actor Ian Gomez, the new one plans to continue the tale. In this one, Toula Portokalos and husband Ian (John Corbett) must cope with a big family secret emerging and an even bigger, fatter wedding is planned for someone else. “Now that I’m experiencing motherhood, I’m ready to write the next chapter of my family story,” Vardalos says in a statement picked up by Variety. “Of course a few jaded folks in the press corps will claim I ran out of money or just want to kiss John Corbett again. One of these things is true.” There’s no word on when the kissing – or shooting – will start.




















from Empire News

No comments:

Post a Comment